4 Sept 2013

Oh!!!! My Father






Am in a dilemma, I love somebody so much and we have been dating since we were in secondary school, but some factors are making it difficult for me to engage in a relationship WITH HIM. My name is Tayo, a first class graduate of Accounting from a prominent federal Government University in Nigeria
. It all started way back in secondary school, when I met a tall handsome guy in a cafe, then as an internet novice, I found a helping hand in Richard who seems to know all about surfing the internet; my knowledge of ICT today was down to his rudimentary lectures as he took delight in helping me. With no time I began to develop emotions for him, all seems easy as he also reciprocated and after some time we started dating.

We’ve been faithful to each other since then. Richard went further to study Computer Science in a different school from mine. Richard is a graduate now, doing well for himself and his siblings, I so much love him for so many reasons, he is very resourceful, industrious and honest and above all loving; he is the type of guy any lady would dream of marrying.

We started making plans on how to get married immediately I finished my NYSC programme, with all things going according to plan one thing we’ve not done ever since is introduce ourselves to our parents. Richard on his own part made the first move in cementing our relationship as he introduced me to his mum. His mum spoke of how proud Richard’s late father would have been if he had not answered Nature’s call. After a while something awful happened when Richard’s mum asked of my family background, as I started answering by first telling her about my father, I was surprised to see the reaction that greeted it. I knew something was wrong, she was very diplomatic and allowed me to finish my talking after which she concluded by saying that Richard will get back to me. I knew something had gone wrong and the likely culprit was her knowledge of whom my father is. Without wasting much time I took the matter to my father and told him everything that happened. His looks said it all. He told me straight and direct. “My baby you can’t marry that woman’s son”, I thought it was a joke but I knew he meant it; Why? He wouldn’t say, Not quite long Richard was on the phone with me and was trying to relay his mother’s message to me, he wasn’t straight forward, maybe I guess he  was conscious of how I would receive the message, he didn’t need to speak much before I realise what he was trying to say.
 
I was shocked to know that all this while I have been dating my step-brother, slept with him and did so many things with him. Why would father have a child outside his matrimonial home? And why would Richard’s mum deceive her husband to believing that he is the father of the child. All these years we’ve been dating and trying successfully to avoid being seen by our parents; Richard now hate his mum for this and have broken contact with her, but  he remain resolved to marrying me, WHAT SHOULD I  DO?

No comments:

Post a Comment